Thank you to Isabelle Albin, our Connecticut-based food blogger buddy who contributed this delicious recipe. Follow her on Instagram at @isabellesplate for more delicious (and sometimes GF) fun!
-1 can (15 oz) chickpeas/garbanzo beans
-1/2 cup of any nut butter of your choice (I chose almond butter)
-1/3 cup honey (can substitute with maple syrup to make vegan)
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (can substitute with vegan chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
3. Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a food processor or blender.
4. Once batter is smooth, fold in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
6. Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are slightly browned.
8. Let cool for 15-20 minutes. Cut and enjoy!