Gluten-Free Chicken Piccata Recipe
Our fun CT blogger friend Stacy Meccariello, AKA Blonde and Starving, doesn’t always eat gluten free, but she makes this GF Chicken Piccata recipe often, and her guests never know the difference! Thanks to Stacy for sharing, and you don’t have to be gluten free to enjoy her humorous culinary travels throughout Connecticut! Follow her on Instagram and Facebook!
Recipe from Sugar Free Mom
5- 8 oz skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob’s red mill oat flour)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chicken broth low sodium
4 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup capers rinsed
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- Place each chicken breast portion between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each breast until its about 1/4 inch thick.
- Remove top plastic wrap and salt and pepper chicken then dredge in flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat a large saute pan with oil.
- Cook chicken until lightly browned and no longer pink in center, turning halfway through cooking.
- Remove chicken and set aside in a covered container to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low. Add broth, garlic, capers, and lemon juice to saute pan and simmer for about 2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through.
- Serve chicken with capers and lemon juices over top and sprinkle with parsley.
Calories: 167 per piece of chicken