Gluten Free Meatball Recipe: Who doesn’t love meatballs? Here’s Amy Fothergill’s recipe from her cookbook, The Warm Kitchen, which we made and then devoured in the Gluten-Free Connecticut Test Kitchen.
Gluten Free Meatball Recipe
2 large eggs
1/4-1/3 grated Parmesan cheese (can leave out if you don’t do dairy)
1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley or 2 tablespoons dry
1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 lb ground chuck (beef)
1/4 lb each ground pork and veal, or 1/2 additional beef or ground meat of your choice)
1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
3/4 cup milk, or milk substitute, plain, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix eggs, cheese, and seasonings with a fork or whisk. Add remaining ingredients, except milk, and mix. Add 1/2 cup milk and mix until well incorporated. You can add the rest of the milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Form into 1 1/2 inch diameter meatballs.
- Place on greased baking sheet or one lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then flip them over. Bake 10 minutes more or until golden brown and internal temp is 165 degrees F.
- Place meatballs to simmer in Amy’s Weeknight Tomato sauce, or any marinara sauce.
Click here to learn more about what Gluten-Free Connecticut does, and how we do it!