Gluten Free Connecticut Food Expo!
- Parking is available in the hotel parking lot, all up and down Century Drive, and at the parking lot across the street (unoccupied building)
- Credit cards will be accepted at registration as well as at various other booths at the event. However, due to spotty wifi, we recommend cash for more speedy transactions.
- Doors open promptly at 11am.
- Registration will be set up at the ballroom entrance from the parking lot. If you enter the event from the hotel lobby, you will be directed to registration.
- Only paying attendees(age 12+) will receive swag bags. Kids under 12 are free
- You may bring food and drink into the expo, as long as it’s all gluten free!
- Our speakers will be presenting in the Spruce breakout room, accessible from the hotel lobby. Topics, times, and a comprehensive list of our vendors will be available at registration.
- Our raffle prizes include a brand new iPad 4, a $100 gift card to Whole Foods, a gift basket from Jovial Foods, a gift box from American Gluten Free, and a gift certificate to Garden of Light in Avon. You can enter for free as many times as you like, and we promise not to sell or spam your email. In fact, you may choose to opt into our newsletter on the raffle entry form.
- We will have staff and volunteers circulating through the event if you need assistance or have any questions.
- Have fun!
Gluten Free Connecticut Food Expo
When: Saturday, October 14th, 2017
Where: Doubletree Hotel, 42 Century Drive, Bristol, CT 06010
Tickets available at the door: $10 per person, children under 12 free.
- Come for lunch! We’ll have lots of gluten-free and celiac-friendly foods!
- Sample and purchase gluten-free snacks, treats and eats from up to 50 local and national bakeries, restaurants and more, including The Celiac Epicurean food truck!
- Sit in on talks from local authors, educators, and herbalists (details below)
- Watch a gluten-free cooking demo!
- Price of admission includes a free reusable tote bag already filled with coupons and gluten-free samples from your favorite local and national brands, including Bob’s Red Mill and Pamela’s Products!
- Giveaways and free raffles, including one for an iPad mini and a $100 Whole Foods gift card!
- Tons of free samples to eat and take home!
- Check out Goodman Gluten Free’s race car and meet the driver!
Lisl Meredith Huebner, Dipl.CH, (NCCAOM), RH (AHG), CMA Nationally Board Certified Chinese Herbalist (NCCAOM), Registered Clinical Herbalist (AHG), Certified Medicinal Aromatherapist, Auriculotherapist, Advanced Reiki Therapist
In this interactive presentation, Lisl Meredith Huebner will introduce aspects of Traditional Chinese diet therapy, seasonal eating, and the constitutional appropriateness of individual food choices. Aside from the intellectual exploration of the information presented, Lisl will demonstrate easy, hands-on techniques for creating a palette of probiotic accoutrements and suggestions for a well-supplied pantry; these staples make meal planning efficient, joyful, and satisfying.
Nourishment happens at our core and is the root of our connection to the environment. By fostering healthy food preparation and nourishment, we cultivate our relationship to the earth, and ultimately to each other. Being grounded and nourished brings health to the body, mind and soul, and helps us to connect more profoundly and purposefully to ourselves and to our patients.
Dr. Dana Krete, ND Naturopathic Doctor, LAc, Licensed Acupuncturist
In this presentation, Dr. Krete will talk about nutrition, processed-free eating, and how to manage your gluten sensitivity/celiac disease to live your healthiest life. Question and answer session to follow.
Dr. Krete uses a multidisciplinary approach to treatment including acupuncture, Chinese and Western herbs, homeopathy, nutritional supplements, and especially enjoys providing nutritional counseling. Staying true to the roots of both Chinese and Naturopathic medicine, every patient is treated as a whole person and as an individual. Her goal is always to treat the cause of her patient’s health problems rather than just manage symptoms.
Colleen Brunetti, M.Ed., C.H.C. & Alissa Monteleone, INHC, AADP, MA
Colleen and Alissa will address the struggles of raising a celiac or gluten-sensitive child and offer strategies to make it easier. Colleen will also present her upcoming children’s book about living with food allergies. Alissa will explain how preparing healthy and delicious meals at home with your family can foster healthy bodies and relationships, complete with recipes!
Colleen Brunetti is a best selling author, certified health coach, and educator. Her work is centered around empowering people to define a life they love. Colleen is currently launching her new children’s book “Aidan the Wonder Kid Who Could Not be Stopped: A Food Allergy Story.” This book is designed to empower kids to find their superpowers by feeding their bodies just what they need, and uses fun and whimsy to encourage them to accept food allergies and differences in themselves and peers. Alissa owns “Simply Healthy Thinking,” which supports kids and their families in preparing healthy and delicious meals at home as a way to foster healthy bodies and relationships. Don’t forget to visit their booths at the expo!
Lauren Siegel, chef and owner, La Piastra, Gourmet-to-Go and Catering, Rocky Hill
Lauren will demontrate how to prepare Butternut Squash Quinoa and Pumpkin Turkey Chili – two cozy dishes for these chilly October days. Don’t forget to visit the La Piastra booth at the expo!
La Piastra was the winner of Hartford Magazine’s “Best Gourmet-to-Go in 2016 and 2017!
Vendors: contact Abby at firstname.lastname@example.org (We’re nearly full!)
Questions? Email Abby at email@example.com.